Please come out to enjoy a TROT trail ride and consider leading a ride yourself! TROT trail rides are fun and a great opportunity to learn new trails, meet other TROT members, and find a new trail riding buddy. To lead a ride, contact our trail ride coordinator, Trot Activity.
To participate in a scheduled ride:
- Contact the ride leader to sign-up and learn the ride’s starting time and other details.
- If a ride is postponed or cancelled, the ride leader will notify you.
- Check the TROT website and TROT and Maryland Trail Riders listservs for the most current ride information.
- All ride participants:
- Helmets are encouraged
- Provide appropriate documentation of current negative Coggins test for the horse, in compliance with Maryland state law.
- Be a TROT member – One-day TROT memberships are available at the ride for $5
If you need a ride to the event or can offer one, please email Trot Activity, so that this information can be included in an upcoming newsletter, or contact the ride leader.
Anytime you are on a trail ride and if safe to do so, you can perform trail maintenance by clipping branches that impede passageway along a trail. In addition, you can participate in scheduled trail maintenance days.
Carolann Sharpe is the TROT Adopt-A-Trail coordinator and she has challenged all TROT members to perform two hours of trail maintenance a year. Please contact Carolann for additional information about participating in trail maintenance activities. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Please report your trail work hours to Amy, who tracks this information for the state; these hours also help assess park usage.
Saturday, June 4
McKeldin to Woodstock Inn.
A 1 3/4 hour ride to Woodstock Inn through beautiful Patapsco Valley State Park. Starting at
McKeldin rest area (Marriottsville, Maryland; Baltimore/Carroll/Howard county triangle).
Water crossings, bikes, and hikers will be part of the ride. I am told this is a medium
difficulty ride. Shoes are recommended. Tie up and have a great meal. Ride back to
McKeldin. This is an all-day ride event; we can’t predict how busy the Inn will be. Look to
Living Social/Local Flavor and other discount websites for 50% coupons.
Contact Carolann Sharpe (at