Please come out to enjoy a TROT trail ride and consider leading a ride yourself! TROT trail rides are fun and a great opportunity to learn new trails, meet other TROT members, and find a new trail riding buddy. To lead a ride, contact our trail ride coordinator, Barbara Sollner-Webb.
To participate in a scheduled ride:
- Contact the ride leader to sign-up and learn the ride’s starting time and other details.
- If a ride is postponed or cancelled, the ride leader will notify you.
- Check the TROT website and TROT and Maryland Trail Riders listservs for the most current ride information.
- All ride participants:
- Must wear helmets
- Provide appropriate documentation of current negative Coggins test for the horse, in compliance with Maryland state law.
- Be a TROT member – One-day TROT memberships are available at the ride for $5
If you need a ride to the event or can offer one, please email Barbara Sollner-Webb, so that this information can be included in an upcoming newsletter, or contact the ride leader.
Anytime you are on a trail ride and if safe to do so, you can perform trail maintenance by clipping branches that impede passageway along a trail. In addition, you can participate in scheduled trail maintenance days.
Amy Kimble is the TROT Adopt-A-Trail coordinator and she has challenged all TROT members to perform two hours of trail maintenance a year. Please contact Amy for additional information about participating in trail maintenance activities. She can be reached at 301-748-8310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please report your trail work hours to Amy, who tracks this information for the state; these hours also help assess park usage.
The seminar is scheduled for January 12 from 10am-2pm at the Germantown Innovation Center at 20271 Goldenrod Lane, Germantown, MD 20876.
The speakers will include an EMT, vet, and (hopefully) DNR rep or other local park rep
We will cover safety tips for the trail, good items to carry with you in case of emergency, first aid for human, and first aid for your horse.
Anyone is welcome to attend, you do not need to be a TROT member.
Lunch will be served
Registration fees are as follows:
$15 for 2019 TROT members
$20 for non-TROT members
$30 for TROT membership and seminar for new or pre-2018 TROT members