Please come out to enjoy a TROT trail ride and consider leading a ride yourself! TROT trail rides are fun and a great opportunity to learn new trails, meet other TROT members, and find a new trail riding buddy. To lead a ride, contact our trail ride coordinator, Barbara Sollner-Webb.
To participate in a scheduled ride:
- Contact the ride leader to sign-up and learn the ride’s starting time and other details.
- If a ride is postponed or cancelled, the ride leader will notify you.
- Check the TROT website and TROT and Maryland Trail Riders listservs for the most current ride information.
- All ride participants:
- Must wear helmets
- Provide appropriate documentation of current negative Coggins test for the horse, in compliance with Maryland state law.
- Be a TROT member – One-day TROT memberships are available at the ride for $5
If you need a ride to the event or can offer one, please email Barbara Sollner-Webb, so that this information can be included in an upcoming newsletter, or contact the ride leader.
Anytime you are on a trail ride and if safe to do so, you can perform trail maintenance by clipping branches that impede passageway along a trail. In addition, you can participate in scheduled trail maintenance days.
Amy Kimble is the TROT Adopt-A-Trail coordinator and she has challenged all TROT members to perform two hours of trail maintenance a year. Please contact Amy for additional information about participating in trail maintenance activities. She can be reached at 301-748-8310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please report your trail work hours to Amy, who tracks this information for the state; these hours also help assess park usage.
Mountain Obstacle Course
Double C Farm, LLC is Maryland’s first IMTCA certified course. This will be an instructor-led event with a maximum of 8 riders per session. Riding the obstacle course helps a horse and rider:
- Build a deeper partnership.
- Cultivate trust, respect, and confidence.
- Increase flexibility and agility.
- Develop better communication skills.
- And it’s FUN!
The obstacles include Balance Beams, Rocks, Cross Bucks, Pond, Bridges, Teeter Totter, Texas Two Step, Cake Box, Water Box, and more.
We are hoping for sunny skies… but remember, this event is “rain or shine” so be sure to pack accordingly.