Watch these bills and please contact your state legislators on those you care about.
- Helmet Law — a bill to require minors to wear a helmet when riding on public property (HB 20);
- Inheritance Tax Rate — a bill to cap the inheritance tax rate for property that is intended to be the primary residence of, or that will be maintained as agricultural land by, a “beneficiary of limited means.” (HB 100)
- Maryland Health Exchange Enrollment — a bill to create a special enrollment period for the MD Health Benefit Exchange for individuals and their dependents who become employed by employers who do not offer health insurance. (HB 107/SB 59)
- Value-Added Ag Ombudsman — a bill to create a value-added agriculture ombudsman to the Maryland Department of Agriculture (SB 34);
- Animal Abuse and Neglect Penalties — a bill to increase the penalties for criminal animal abuse (SB 85); and
- Sunday Hunting — a bill to expand Sunday deer hunting in Prince George’s County (SB 155).
- Proposed state income tax credit for solar panels installed on residences (SB 103).