Please come out to enjoy a TROT trail ride and consider leading a ride yourself! TROT trail rides are fun and a great opportunity to learn new trails, meet other TROT members, and find a new trail riding buddy. To lead a ride, contact our trail ride coordinator, Trot Activity.
To participate in a scheduled ride:
- Contact the ride leader to sign-up and learn the ride’s starting time and other details.
- If a ride is postponed or cancelled, the ride leader will notify you.
- Check the TROT website and TROT and Maryland Trail Riders listservs for the most current ride information.
- All ride participants:
- Helmets are encouraged
- Provide appropriate documentation of current negative Coggins test for the horse, in compliance with Maryland state law.
- Be a TROT member – One-day TROT memberships are available at the ride for $5
If you need a ride to the event or can offer one, please email Trot Activity, so that this information can be included in an upcoming newsletter, or contact the ride leader.
Anytime you are on a trail ride and if safe to do so, you can perform trail maintenance by clipping branches that impede passageway along a trail. In addition, you can participate in scheduled trail maintenance days.
Carolann Sharpe is the TROT Adopt-A-Trail coordinator and she has challenged all TROT members to perform two hours of trail maintenance a year. Please contact Carolann for additional information about participating in trail maintenance activities. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please report your trail work hours to Amy, who tracks this information for the state; these hours also help assess park usage.
All days start at 9:30 AM. Contact Carolyn Garber (410-549-
5141 or email@example.com) or Stephanie Brennan (603-573-1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
We’ll start the season of attacking the overgrowth and mowing on Sunday, May 1st. (9:00 – noon) with Rain Date (if necessary) of Saturday May 7th
It would be very helpful if, prior to each work day, folks would drop an email to email@example.com so we would know how many to expect.
RVSP has indicated they will make the MCC Crew available for our trail work days to work with us.
Bring your friends and riding buddies!
From Carroll County Equestrian Council