Kinder Farm Park
Trail Location: 1001 Kinder Farm Park Road Millersville, MD 21108
Trail Length: 5-6 miles
Counties: Anne Arundel
Trail Surface(s): Asphalt, grass, dirt
Trail Description: Kinder Farm Park offers picnic tables and grills located throughout the park, two large outdoor pavilions available for rental, and a large playground and tot-lot ideal for children of all ages. The park has a 2.8 mile paved perimeter trail and several miles of natural trails. Kinder Farm Park is open from 7:00 a.m. to dusk. Park is closed on Tuesdays. Visitor Center Office hours are 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Rules and Regulations:
- Hours are sunrise to sunset.
- Stay on designated and signed trails.
- Pick up your trash and pack it out.
- Bun bags / manure catchers are only required while riding on or along paved trails.
- Parking areas must be kept free of manure and owners/riders must collect and dispose of feces off site.
- All trails are multiuse and equestrians have the right of way. All other users should yield to horses, should alert riders before passing and slow to walking speeds while passing.
- Never tie horses to trees, use hitch posts or tie to trailers.
- Do not shortcut trail switchbacks or create your own trails.
- Riding prohibited during periods of wet weather or muddy soil conditions.
- Horses must be attended at all time and groups of riders must maintain single file line.
- Jumping, racing or riding faster than a walk is prohibited.
- Be sure to cross streams only at designated areas, if any.
- Smoking or any kind of open flame is prohibited on the Trails and in the woods.
- A negative coggins test not more than 12 months old for all horses over six months of age is required. Proof of equine testing certification must be carried by the horse owner/rider at all times while the animal is within a park.
- Engaging in commercial trail riding activities is prohibited without a permit.
Parking and Trail Access: See map for parking lots
Seasonal Restrictions: Horses must stay on the marked trails, and are not allowed in other areas.
Reviews and Tips:
Amenities: Restrooms in visitor center
1001 Kinder Farm Park Road
Millersville, MD 21108